Sears Case Study
Sears Case Study
- A brief explanation of the case
The sears case study delves into one of Kenmore’s project managers Rebecca who is in a dilemma of authorizing the launch of a new heat5er into the market. However, the decision to launch the heater has id facing extreme pressure from the management, who want the product to be launched without delays to salvage the brand’s sales. However, the decision to launch the heater has been advised against it by the products engineer over safety concerns. In addition, Rebecca was also worried about how Boward Co would react to the cancellation of such a high-volume product. All these factors were to be observed in the making of the launching authorization decision, and Rebecca knew she had to remain objective in making her critically thought decision.
- Swot Analysis
The swot analysis of Sears is as follows;
- Highly recognized appliances brand known for quality brand products like Kenmore.
- Has products that are made of high quality and are long-lasting.
- It offers a wide variety of appliances that its consumers can choose from, like refrigerators, cookers, sporting goods etc.
- It also has a strong distribution network that ensures timely delivery of customer orders by incorporating innovative solutions in its logistics and delivery processes.
- Leadership mismatch with the changes that occurred in the 21st century exceeded that the company would adopt more technological strategies that would aid the propelling of the company; instead, the company’s CEO adopted the hedge fund, which saw the start of the company’s downfall.
- The company also has excessive cost-cutting, with the company spending less than 95 cents per square foot on upgrades in 2017, which was extremely low compared to its fiercest rivals.
- Quick diversifications tend to disorient the consumers, which do not go well with the core offerings.
- Targeting the young generation like the millennials and generation Z are slowly taking over the consumer market.
- Refocus on appliances with the elimination of some of the challenges it is currently facing and refocusing on its appliances through the opening of smaller stores, which will reduce the over-dependence on the apparel.
- Focus on exploiting e-commerce, especially with the increase in online consumers.
- Expansion into emerging markets with the introduction of sears products in less competitive markets s as to rebuild and attain a competitive edge in our market.
- Looming recession with the likelihood of the returning of the devastating effects of the Covid Pandemic
- Increasing costs are caused by the rise in the price of raw materials.
- There is stiff competition from other home appliances brands such as Best Buy( Sears Swot analysis, 2020 ).
In conclusion, Rebeccas was faced with a critical decision she was to make. With the rise of safety concerns about the product and her bosses’ expectations to seek t it that the product was launched on time, she had critical decision making. As a result, she had to use her essential decision-making skills and find a balance between the safety of the products to evade lawsuits and meet her bosses’ expectations witty.
Armstrong, G., Adam, S., Denize, S., & Kotler, P. (2014). undefined. Pearson Australia.
Sears SWOT analysis (2020). (2020, December 8). Business Strategy Hub. https://bstrategyhub.com/sears-swot-analysis/