Assess how the Great Migration shaped African American churches, as millions of African Americans moved North and West out of the South, and how, in turn, these church communities influenced the culture and politics of bourgeoning urban communities.
Part I: A Brief Summary of the Source Provided **(See source selection/link at bottom of page)
- Identify the author and arguments of the source provided.
- Provide a brief summary, condensing the content of the sources by highlighting the main ideas.
- Use 1-2 short quotations from the material to support your synthesis.
- Keep the summary objective and factual.
Part II: Your Reaction to the Work
- Focus on responding to the prompt.
- How are the related problems relevant to the overall class?
- How is the work related to problems in our present-day world?
- Do viewing the sources change your ideas on the topic?
- Does using a Christian worldview change the way the sources are evaluated?
Use this source:
- Carter Woodson, The History of the Negro Church, The Associated Publishers: Washington D.C., 1921. https://docsouth.unc.edu/church/woodson/woodson.html